Federal Employees Now Able to
Support SeaWeb through CFC Contribution Code No. 11796
This year, SeaWeb registered as a charity with the Combined Federal Campaign, allowing U.S. Government employees to make an important contribution to ocean health through payroll deduction. Alternative options to support SeaWeb's efforts can be found here.
Over the last 50 years, Federal workers have donated more than $6 billion to the Combined Federal Campaign, making it one of the most powerful philanthropic forces in the world.
U.S. federal government employees can donate to SeaWeb to help support our efforts to give the ocean a voice through contribution code No. 11796.
SeaWeb is the only organization that is exclusively dedicated to using the science of communications to fundamentally shift the way people interact with the ocean. SeaWeb provides leaders in industry, government, media, and the sciences the tools, resources and information they need to create profound change in their areas of influence.
CFC donations to SeaWeb will help support our efforts, including:
- Asia Pacific Program: working to protect one of the most biodiverse ocean ecosystems in the world, SeaWeb's Asia Pacific Program bridges the worlds of marine science, journalism and public policy in a region that is home to millions of people who depend on the ocean for their very survival.
- KidSafe Seafood: giving parents the information they need to navigate complex issues of nutritional benefit and potential harmful toxics in seafood — including what species and which quantities are best for children to eat.
- Marine Photobank: more than 6,000 thought-provoking, evocative photographs displaying both the wonder of the ocean and the negative effects of human activity. Images are free for non-commercial use by the media, academia, and government to give them a powerful tool to show the need for ocean conservation.
- Seafood Choices: an international program that builds relationships throughout the seafood industry and ocean conservation community to stimulate constructive dialogue and motivate seafood industry leaders to embrace sustainability.
- Too Precious to Wear: works with the fashion, design, home décor and jewelry industries to raise awareness of corals as living animals, expose industry leaders to the threats posed to coral by international trade, and encourage coral-inspired design rather than the use of coral itself.
Federal employees wishing to designate SeaWeb as the recipient of their CFC charitable giving should mark code No. 11796
on their pledge form. For help setting up giving through the CFC, please contact CFC Customer Support via email
or at 202.465.7230.
SeaWeb does not receive any information from workplace giving programs regarding the amount of donations, name, or contact information of donors. We would like to be able to acknowledge and thank each of our donors individually, so feel free to provide us this information directly by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other ways to donate to SeaWeb, read more here >>